Want more? Just insert your email here----

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Author Spotlight-- J.M Walker and Breaking the Barrier's Review of GRIT by J.M Walker



J.M. Walker is an Amazon bestselling author who loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

"Above all, be the HEROINE of your own life..." ~ Nora Ephron







GRIT by J.M Walker



*Can be read as a standalone novel* 

"An unexpected evil brings both the MC and Military world together in this brand new series by J.M. Walker" 

He refuses to fall in love. 
He was born alone and he will die alone. Or, at least he thought so until now. 
Vice-One is all he knows. His squad. His brothers. The men he spends every day protecting. He is empty and only one person can fill this void. This darkness. 
Meanwhile, Genevieve Gold makes it clear he should stay away when she is everything he craves. 

She is lost. 
Her heart has been ripped out; stomped on...crushed into tiny pieces, leaving only a gaping hole behind. 
King's Harlots is all she has. Her club. Her sisters. Her life. But something is missing until he shows up. 
Angel Rodriguez is everything she hates but everything she needs. 

Putting differences aside, they will work together to bring down a malevolent force threatening to rip them apart... 




As I perused the pages of GRIT, I had no clue what to expect having never read any of J.M Walker's work before.  I'm not particularly into the whole biker thing, but I always go into reviewing books with an open mind.  I'm glad I do. 

From the initial pages, I have to admit that it was quite intriguing.  J.M Walker knows how to captivate an audience!!!!

The two main characters of the story are both headstrong and willful.  Definitely lots of 'bad-assery' to be had here between the two.  The dynamics of the two are absolutely out of this world, but I do feel that the characters could have been...more.  I'm not sure how to describe this part, but I wanted more from them.  WHY was this such a power struggle?  I mean, being headstrong does not always indicate a power struggle.    Everyone has a soft side, but I'd have liked to see more internal struggles between the two.

Aside from that, to watch as their lives continuously intertwine as they fight for a common goal is absolutely amazing.  


I can't wait to see a continuation of the series. 

*I was given a copy of this book as a gift from the Author in exchange for an honest review.