Want more? Just insert your email here----

Friday, September 16, 2016

I need your help...



Rarely do I get personal on this blog.  I like to keep things about the book world and prefer to keep things positive.  However, recently, things in my personal life have taken a downward path.

A month ago, my family discovered that my dad's cancer has returned.  He had been 'in the clear' for six years, which technically meant he was cured.  But as fate would have it, he was not.  The cancer not only returned, but returned with a vengeance.  There is a large tumor in his lung approximately the size of his fist and a smaller one below it.  The lymph nodes around his heart and the blood vessels are also involved and putting pressure on his heart.  Two days ago, after being taken by ambulance to the hospital, it was discovered that the cancer had spread into his 8th rib.

In just a month's time, my dad went from as healthy as any 57 year old could be to having to be in bed because it took too much to even go to the restroom.

This cancer is aggressive.  Though chemotherapy will not put him back in remission, it will reduce the pressure on his heart and allow him to experience more good days than bad with his remaining time.

I created a GoFundMe page for my dad to help raise money for his treatment.  Even if all you can do is share or even donate just $1.00, anything is greatly appreciated.  You can donate anonymously, too.

Here is the link: http://www.gofundme.com/2nqtwjpj

Again, I thank you for allowing me to share this with you all.  I now return you to your regularly scheduled book posts.