Want more? Just insert your email here----

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Review: Spy Game by Suz de Mello (Contemporary Romance)


Here is some of the information for this Contemporary Romantic Suspense novel. 
  • The page length is 277 according to Amazon.
  • Amazon.com link is http://amzn.to/2iFTAF4
  • Fledgling agent Ani Sharif has finally been assigned to her first undercover mission—to seduce software tycoon Richard Rexford, known as the fearsome T-Rex of Silicon Valley. He's suspected of selling software secrets to the Chinese. Ani must succeed at her first assignment, but will handsome, clever Richard uncover her secrets and seize her heart?

When I was offered an opportunity to review this novel, I was slightly skeptical as I have very little interest in political intrigue, spy stuff, or cyber crimes.  My knowledge of these areas is rather rudimentary, but I do know enough to discern whether the circumstances are plausible or not.  And in this novel, they are.

Now, I don't necessarily expect all fictional novels I read to be realistic or anything like that.  I do, however, expect them to be somewhat plausible.  It is obvious that Ms. de Mello did her research.  Not only did she deeply develop her characters, but she immersed them into their respective roles in such a way that I struggled to tear myself away from the novel to take care of my current commitments such as "adulting".

So, even if the world of political intrigue, spy games, and cyber stuff is NOT your cuppa, I do believe you will appreciate the time and effort the author took into crafting this amazing novel.